Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

St. Dismas Chaplet, the Good Thief

History:
This chaplet is taken from, and based on, the conversation between Jesus and the Good Thief, Dismas, as it is reported in Luke 23:35.

Medals/Beads:
M X 000 X 000 X 000 X 000 X 000 X 000 
Method:
1st Set:
O St. Dismas, we come to you for God's Guidance, now that we are your Brothers/Sisters in Christ Jesus. Pray for us from your heavenly post, that we may believe and receive God's Grace, thus becoming true to your "call from The Cross:" to have a Holy Fear of God.
Our Father ... 

Hail Mary ... 
Glory Be ...
2nd Set:
Pray for me, that I too, will have the heartfelt courage to rebuke my fellow Brothers/Sisters for not fearing God, while acknowledging my own guilt and helpless state.
Our Father ... 

Hail Mary ... 
Glory Be ...
3rd Set:
Pray that I willingly concede my need for repentance and restorative justice. Just as you confessed faith in the innocence of Christ Jesus, help me to confess my need for faith, hope, charity/love, and truth in Jesus and in the Catholic Church.
Our Father ... 

Hail Mary ... 
Glory Be ...
4th Set:
Pray that I learn to give Catholic witness of Jesus as my Lord, and to proclaim my faith in the triumph of God's Kingdom over my past, present, and future actions.
Our Father ... 

Hail Mary ... 
Glory Be ...
5th Set: 
Pray that I undergo forgiveness and mercy from Our Lord Jesus and that I will clearly experience heartfelt sorrow for my sins and my hurt-filled actions, never to do them again.
Our Father ... 

Hail Mary ... 
Glory Be ...
6th Set:
We ask you now, Inspired St. Dismas, to pray that we will always be proud to proclaim ourselves as true Brothers and Sisters in and for your holy bravery; and that we too, at the last hour, may hear the words Our Lord spoke: "Amen I say to you, this day you will be with Me in Paradise."
Our Father ... 

Hail Mary ... 
Glory Be ...

No comments:

Post a Comment