Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chaplet of St. Francis of Assisi

History:
Using The Lessons Appointed for Use on the Feast of Saint Francis.

Medals/Beads:
C  X  0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Method:
On the Cross: 
We adore You, O Lord Jesus Christ, in this Church and all the Churches of the world, and we bless You, because, by Your holy Cross You have redeemed the world. -- Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi before the Blessed Sacrament
Invitatory Bead: 
Most high, omnipotent, good Lord, grant your people grace to renounce gladly the vanities of this world; that, following the way of blessed Francis, we may for love of you delight in your whole creation with perfectness of joy; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Cruciform Bead:
My God and My All! -- The Meditation Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi
Week Beads: 
Psalm 148:7-13
1st: Praise the LORD from the earth, you sea-monsters and all deeps;
2nd: Fire and hail, snow and fog, tempestuous wind, doing his will;
3rd: Mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars;
4th: Wild beasts and all cattle, creeping things and winged birds;
5th: Kings of the earth and all peoples, princes and all rulers of the world;
6th: Young men and maidens, old and young together.
7th: Let them praise the Name of the LORD, for his Name only is exalted,his splendor is over earth and heaven.
Exit Cross: 
Jesus said, "I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and the intelligent and have revealed them to infants; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. "Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." -- Matthew 11:25-30

No comments:

Post a Comment