Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chaplet of St. Dymphna

History:
Anglican.  Based on Psalm 51.

Medals/Beads:
C  X  0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Method:
On the Cross: 
Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. -- Psalm 51:1-2
Invitatory Bead: 
Lord, our God, you graciously chose Saint Dymphna as patroness of those afflicted with mental and nervous disorders. She is thus an inspiration and a symbol of charity to the thousands who ask her intercession. Please grant, Lord, through the prayers of this pure youthful martyr, relief and consolation to all suffering such trials, and especially those for whom we pray. (Here mention those for whom you wish to pray). We beg you, Lord, to hear the prayers of Saint Dymphna on our behalf. Grant all those for whom we pray patience in their sufferings and resignation to your divine will. Please fill them with hope, and grant them the relief and cure they so much desire. We ask this through Christ our Lord who suffered agony in the garden. Amen
Cruciform Bead: 
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
Week Beads: 
Psalm 51:11-17
1st: Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.
2nd: Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
3rd: Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will turn back to you.
4th: Save me from bloodguilt, O God, the God who saves me, and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.
5th: O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise.
6th: You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
7th: The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.
Exit Cross: 
For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you are proved right when you speak and justified when you judge. Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me. Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place. Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice. Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. -- Psalm 51:3-9

No comments:

Post a Comment