Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chaplet of St. Clare of Assisi

History:
Using The Lessons Appointed for Use on the Feast of Saint Clare.

Medals/Beads:
C  X  0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Method:
On the Cross: 
My beloved speaks and says to me: "Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away; for now the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land. The fig tree puts forth its figs, and the vines are in blossom; they give forth fragrance. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away. -- Song of Solomon 2:10-13
Invitatory Bead: 
O God, whose blessed Son became poor that we through his poverty might be rich: Deliver us from an inordinate love of this world, that we, inspired by the devotion of your servant Clare, may serve you with singleness of heart, and attain to the riches of the age to come; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.
Cruciform Bead: 
My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me --Psalm 63:1
Week Beads: 
Psalm 63:1-7
1st: O God, you are my God, I seek you, my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2nd: So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory.
3rd: Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.
4th: So I will bless you as long as I live; I will lift up my hands and call on your name.
5th: My soul is satisfied as with a rich feast, and my mouth praises you with joyful lips
6th: when I think of you on my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
7th: for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I sing for joy.
Exit Cross: 
Do not be afraid, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions, and give alms. Make purses for yourselves that do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. ‘Be dressed for action and have your lamps lit; be like those who are waiting for their master to return from the wedding banquet, so that they may open the door for him as soon as he comes and knocks. Blessed are those slaves whom the master finds alert when he comes; truly I tell you, he will fasten his belt and have them sit down to eat, and he will come and serve them. --Luke 12:32-37

No comments:

Post a Comment